Friday, May 7, 2010

Olivia Cannon & her Play Across America Tour



I just finished my last term paper for the semester at Arizona State University at about 3:00 a.m. this morning. Now, the real work begins. I have less than a month to finish all the final plans for our "Play Across America Tour" scheduled to begin June 4, 2010. Olivia, Bella (our four-legged companion), and I will be travelling over 8000 miles this summer. We are doing a loop around the four corners of the USA. We will be camping along the way in our newly acquired Camp Inn teardrop trailer. I traded our behemoth NuWa Hitchhiker II 5th wheel for the lighter and easier to negotiate teardrop travel trailer. Now if I could just find a truck with better gas economy than our 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 (8.1L engine, powerful, but a gas guzzler). Olivia will be playing open mics, churches, and community centers to promote the release of her latest song, "Today, I Just Love You" which is scheduled to be released the end of May. I need to look for sponsors, check out our new Bose L1Model II portable PA system to make sure everything is in working order, find a place that does vehicle wraps, clean out the garage, finish the itinerary and do about 40 hours of research for my advisor at school. I have emailed Wade Martin, our producer, at WM Studios to set up time for Olivia to work in the studio. There is so much to do and sooooo little time. Olivia performs "Fallin' ", another of her original songs, tonight at Arizona School for the Arts, "Diner Night" in Phoenix, Arizona. I hope I get the Bose system set up right and everyone loves her song. The last time she played for "Diner Night" we didn't have the portable PA system and the school's system is lacking.
This picture is of Olivia performing her song, "Baby, I'm Gone" at Devil's Hideaway in Tempe, Arizona.  http://www.oliviacannon.com/

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful little lady you have on your hands! I'm so excited to see you guys! Do you have a calendar of the days you will be in Seattle? I must be missing it.

    ReplyDelete