Thursday, May 13, 2010

Olivia Cannon has a new website www.oliviacannon.com

I am in the process of learning, developing and building a new website for Olivia Cannon.  What a learning curve.  Last night I thought my brain was going to explode.  I've worked in healthcare as a midwife for over 30 years and am currently working hard on my PhD in nursing and healthcare innovation.  Before that I was a union carpenter and an amateur grease monkey; none of that relates to computer software.  At least I didn't have to call http://www.godaddy.com/ again to get help.  The night before when I was initially was trying to set up the website using their software called Website Tonight (which tries to convey how easy it is supposed to be), I called and spent some time on the phone only to discover the system was down.  Well, I got my first computer at the age of 30 and was one of the first people on the planet to work on a database from a home computer.  Ah, but I guess I am dating myself there.  I better be careful.  I  wouldn't want to give away how old I am.  Age is just a number anyway.  I believe that you are only as old as you believe yourself to be.  Gray hair, wrinkles, and a thickening waist are all outward signs, but I think it is more attitude than anything.  Research says that if you keep your mind learning new things and putting down new pathways, your brain will stay younger.  They also say that it is your social support system too.  If you hang out with a bunch of old fogies and watch "the doers do" instead of being the doer, you will get older faster.  Oh well, enough BS. 
I have a meeting tomorrow with a local auto dealership, Chapman Chevrolet.  I hope things goes well and we find a sponsor for our "Play Across America Tour".  I have been working hard all week on my presentation.  I hope he bites. 
I will try and keep the website up to date and let everyone know what we are doing.  Look for it at www.oliviacannon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment